His students include Heisman Trophy winner, first-round NFL draft pick and starting NFL quarterback, Marcus Mariota (University of Oregon, Tennessee Titans), college football National Championship Game Offensive MVP, Tua Tagovailoa (University of Alabama), two-time AAC Offensive Player of the Year, McKenzie Milton (University of Central Florida), and NCAA passing records-breaker Timmy Chang (University of Hawaii).
Coach Vinny has been the quarterback coach at nationally-renowned Saint Louis High School, where he helped the Crusaders to a record 25 state championships and consistent top-ten national rankings. Quarterbacks that he developed at Saint Louis HS include Marcus Mariota, Timmy Chang, Jason Gesser, Darnell Arceneaux, Jeremiah Masoli, and Tua Tagovailoa.
Coach Vinny provides premier football clinics and camps to help train and prepare young quarterbacks and wide receivers for high-level performance at the high school, college and professional football levels. His programs include passing mechanics, understanding complex offenses, reading defenses and game situations, mental and physical training, and leadership development.
- Quarterbacks Coach for Saint Louis High School, for over 40 years where he coached 35 Hawaii championship games, won 25 state championships and groomed numerous quarterbacks for playing at the collegiate level and beyond.
- Coached for Indoor Arena Football professional league for the Hawaii Islanders.
- Has taught quarterbacking and receiver skills around the country at the Manning Passing Academy, USC Rising Stars Camp, All Poly Football Camp, Gridiron Performance Academy, Nike Football Camp, Rivals Football Camp, University of Michigan Camp, University of Hawaii Camp, 808 Passing Academy, and many more.
- Ran the Passas QB “Get Better Camp and the Passas Passing Academy in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Marcus Mariota - 2014 Heisman Trophy Winner at the University of Oregon, #2 overall NFL draft pick, starting QB for Tennessee Titans, Pro Bowl-alternate, 2016.
- Tua Tagovailoa - 2018 Heisman Trophy runner-up, 2017 College Football Playoff National Champion at the University of Alabama; 2018 CFP National Championship Game Offensive MVP; 2018 Sporting News Player of the Year; winner of 2018 Maxwell Award and 2018 Walter Camp Award.
- Timmy Chang - NCAA record-breaker in completions, attempts, passing yards and total offense when he completed his collegiate career at the University of Hawaii; was a four-time selection as All-Western Athletic Conference.
- McKenzie Milton - Was starting quarterback for the University of Central Florida, where he lead the team to a 13-0 record and a 2018 Peach Bowl victory. 2017 and 2018 American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year; 2018 Peach Bowl Offensive MVP.
- Jeremiah Masoli - 2008 Holiday Bowl MVP, starting QB for the University of Oregon and the University of Mississippi. Plays for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the Canadian Football League.
- Jason Gesser - 2002 Pac-10 Co-Offensive Player of the Year and three-time All-Pac-10 selection at Washington State University; played in the CFL and Arena Football League.
- Jordan Ta’amu - played at the University of Mississippi where he broke the all-time school record for 400-yard passing games and posted the second-highest passing yards in a single season in school history in 2018.
- Chevan Cordeiro - plays quarterback for the University of Hawaii. He led the Crusaders to the 2017 HHSAA Open Division championship. He was KHON2’s Marcus Mariota Award winner as the state player of the year and was named Gatorade Hawai‘i Football Player of the Year and Honolulu Star-Advertiser all-state and Offensive Player of the Year
- Dillon Gabriel - plays quarterback for the University of Central Florida. He was the 2018 Gatorade Hawaii Player of the Year, held the Hawaii High School Career Record for passing yards, and won top honors on Honolulu Star-Advertiser All-State Team
For more information on how to work with Coach Vinny and to attend a scheduled clinic, click on the Clinics and Camps tab above.